My teacher told us a couple weeks ago not to apologize for our writing, however I feel that I should apologize for the title this post. However, I am not going to apologize for the ingredients in these cookies. Because, the are just too delicious to deserve an apology. Here’s the recipe. And now, you also will love the title because those ingredients are the most important things in food. Or, at least in these cookies.
[These are based off of my recipe I posted earlier for The Perfect High Altitude Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies]
1. Melt 1 cup of unsalted butter.
2. In a large bowl combine:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup coco unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3. Combine in a medium size bowl:
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
4. Add the melted butter to the sugars bowl. Mix with a spatula until the sugars are well combined. Add:
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 TBLS water
5. Add the sugar and butter mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well, making sure to incorporate all the ingredients. Add:
3/4 cups white chocolate chips
1/2-3/4 cups dried cherries
1/2 cup pistachios
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F. (You don’t want to overbake because then they won’t be chewy.)
7. Remove from baking sheets immediately and place on wire racks.
Thankful for a cool glass of milk and a warm chocolate cookie,